Training for the Living Safely Without Violence (LSWV) program is delivered over 3 days for In-person trainings & 5 days for Virtual Live trainings. The overarching goal of the training is to prepare participants to facilitate the program to justice system involved women.
Course Learning Objectives:
In this training we will:
- Explore the theoretical and empirical rationale for LSWV, including relational and strength-based strategies, motivational interviewing, and cognitive behavioral intervention.
- Review the gender-responsive literature that pertains to justice involved women
- Provide a detailed overview of program content
- Discuss issues related to program delivery, education, and implementation
- Encourage participant learning through role plays of assigned sessions.
- Receive feedback from trainer and peers following role plays.