Initial Training Goal: To provide participants an overview of aggression with children and adolescents, introduce them to the theoretical and operational underpinnings of Aggression Replacement Training®, and fully prepare them to use the Aggression Replacement Training® intervention (facilitate groups).
1. To provide an understanding of the theories of aggression, the angry behavior cycle and the etiology of aggressive behavior in youth.
2. To provide experiential training to facilitate Skillstreaming, Anger Control Training and Moral Reasoning Training groups.
ONGOING MAINTENANCE and SUSTAINABILITY
1. After the completion of the train the trainer program, annually, all groups should be observed 20% of the time by a trained facilitator. The observers’ observations should be then de-briefed with the co-facilitators.
2. Annually all facilitators should submit, randomly assigned by the agency trainer, fidelity tools for one ten week round which, would be 30 sessions. These should be evaluated by the agency trainer for fidelity issues and model adherence.
3. There should also be a one day booster with all trained facilitators to review updates and conduct guided practice.
4. AGENCY TRAINERS ARE RE-CERTIFIED EVERY THREE YEARS AT A VIRTUAL TRAINING
ETA encourages agency staff to establish quality assurance processes, utilizing tools provided by the project, to maintain Aggression Replacement Training® practice quality and outcomes. Agency-Trainers or QA staff can use the fidelity tools to independently observe and rate practitioners on their performance running groups.