This training is designed to give AIC staff a clear understanding of what JBCSSD and QA expectations are of an ISP/Transitional Plan and the proper formulation and documentation of the clients service plan. The training will give staff the skills and tools to be able to develop a complete plan for the client that will serve as their road map toward positive behavior change.
The training will include:
• What is an ISP/Transitional Plan and why are they important?
• What is the Case managers role in the creation of an ISP/Transitional Plan?
• How do I use the ISP/Transitional Plan with the client as a working document through-out the clients stay at AIC?
• How to Construct a relevant, comprehensive ISP/Transitional Plan that targets the clients movement towards a pro-social lifestyle and ultimately reduces the clients chance of re-arrest.
Staff will leave with concrete tools to construct an ISP/Transitional Plan with a client, including the SMART strategies, using assessment outputs, genuine curiosity and motivational interviewing. Sample documents and practice will be provided to the staff as well.
Course Learning Objectives
1. be able to formulate a good ISP and Transitional Plan using SMART strategies for their clients
2. be provided with tools that they can use in the formulation of the ISP/Transitional Plan with
3. provide reward and positive reinforcement as steps are met
4. increase the depth of the ISP and Transitional Plan