Required Pre-Requisite: Motivational Interviewing (MI) 3-day & LSI/ASUS-r 3-day
Required Materials: Carey Guides (bring both the red & blue binders) and a completed Service Team Meeting Form and "What I want to work on" Form with all identifiable client information crossed out.
Research says, “If we get it right, we could decrease recidivism by more than 50%.” The most current research suggests the relationship with the case manager and what is discussed is important. Reinforcement, disapproval, problem solving skills, coaching skills, structured skill building, and modeling of pro-social behaviors is also necessary. This training focuses on relationship quality in mandated treatment, the principles of effective intervention, structuring a case management session, teaching a skill, and case planning in Strategic Case Management. This course will provide education to case managers in the case plan process, form and utilizing assessment results to maximize outcomes.
Course Learning Objectives:
1. Understand the framework of Strategic Case Management.
2. Learn effective communication skills to enhance the professional relationship between a case manager and client.
3. Review the principles of Effective Intervention- risk, need, and responsivity.
4. Receive training in the components of the case management structure.
5. Understand the role of case planning in strategic case management.
6. Learn to effectively teach a skill.
7. Practice a strategic case management session using various worksheets.
8. Understand and learn how to develop the Individual Service Plan
9. Understand and learn how to use Carey Guides
10. Practice using Carey Guides in "mock" case management sessions